The Warehouse Shipper/Receiver prepares orders for shipment and verifies the correctness of incoming goods.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below)
1. Ensures orders have been filled correctly by verifying shipments against the original order and the accompanying bill of lading or invoice.
2. Unpacks and examines all incoming shipments to verify contents against bills of lading, invoices, packing list, purchase order, or other record included.
3. Records any discrepancies with orders and prepares shipping/receiving reports to illustrate any shortages or damages. Corresponds with vendors to rectify any problems found.
4. Ships outgoing materials, products, or supplies.
5. Maintains inventory of all shipping and receiving materials and supplies.
6. Determines proper method for shipping, making contact with trucking companies, and filling out manifests, if necessary.
7. Interacts with parts department personnel for any parts related discrepancies.
8. Maintains a clean and orderly work area and the equipment located in that area.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE (Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis) - Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent, a minimum one to three years of related training and/or experience in a related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS – Possession of valid Driver License.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE – Customer and Personal Service, Production and Processes, Safety and Security, Computers and Computerized Inventory and Tracking Systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS – Social, Technical, Resource Management, Desktop Computer, Problem Solving, Time Management, Service Orientation. Skills to operate basic office and warehouse equipment such a telephone, fax, photocopier, pallet jack, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for frequent standing, bending, walking, and stretching; moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds); and operation of motorized equipment and vehicles. Operate tier lift truck or hand-truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
If you’re looking for an employer who is an industry leader that has been in the business for over 80 years, then look no further.
Founded in 1939, General Parts distributes parts and provides service for over 60,000 active customers and 400 manufacturers of commercial foodservice equipment. Corporate headquartered in Bloomington, MN, we provide service coverage in all or parts of 27 states through our 29 branch locations
General Parts offers a competitive benefit package that includes 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, and more.
General Parts participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information please visit our website: https://generalparts.com/