POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Assistant is responsible for providing clerical assistance and in-office support to outside sales representatives, to include processing word documents and email correspondence with every sales employee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below)
1. Responsible for answering incoming phones, data entry, sales lead distribution, office management, vendor management and ordering the office supplies.
2. Daily work in Davis Business Solutions (DBS) Service Agreement module, including establishing, updating, and maintaining accurate information in the customer service master record.
3. Receives calls from customers, dealers and sales representatives. Communicate with customers to determine the service need.
4. Creates service proposals and service agreements, produce sales support materials, and run reports as requested by Sales Representatives.
5. Follows safe work practices and accident prevention procedures.
STAFF/PUBLIC CONTACT – Requires establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Requires effective communication with customers, clients, and coworkers.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Non-supervisory position.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED – Reports to and works under general supervision of the Vice President of Sales. Carries out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision.
DECISION-MAKING – Makes decisions and establishes work priorities on essentially procedure-oriented operations.
REQUIRED SKILLS – Desktop Computer, Customer and Personal Service, Administration and Management, Service Orientation, Sales and Marketing, Problem Solving, Technical, Systems, Resource Management, Communication, Time Management, Office Equipment. Marketing and social media experience a plus
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE (Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis) - Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent, a minimum two years of administrative office training and/or experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE – Customer and Personal Service, Administration and Management, Safety and Security, Sales and Marketing, Computers.