POSITION SUMMARY: The Service Order Specialist assists in a variety of tasks to support customers, manufacturers, and business partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below):
• Enter and acknowledge customer's orders, advise customer on order changes, order status, prices, and follow up
on quote status.
• Communicate with Branch staff on new service requests.
• Communicates with internal departments and external business partners managing the customer’s requests.
• Ensures accuracy of customer data entered in service orders.
• Provides customer service by phone or other electronic methods.
• Establishes, updates, and maintains accurate customer master records, including contact information,
• Fields customer concerns and questions regarding service or billing.
• Understands and communicates credit and collection guidelines and participates in conflict resolution.
• Understands local environment and impacts for the markets served.
• Follows safe work practices and accident prevention procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Non-supervisory position.
• Reports to the Service Coordinator Manager.
• Makes decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the
• High School diploma or its equivalent.
• Two (2) years of education and/or experience in related area.
• Excellent customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Highly safety conscious.
• Excellent organizational skills, must be motivated, a self-started, and able to follow through on duties and
assignments with minimal supervision
• Normal office and warehouse environment
• Occasional light lifting of office equipment, supplies, and boxes
• Frequent sitting with occasional walking and standing
• Requires dexterity on use of fingers for the operation of computers and other office equipment
If you’re looking for an employer who is an industry leader that has been in the business for over 80 years, then look no further.
Founded in 1939, General Parts distributes parts and provides service for over 60,000 active customers and 400 manufacturers of commercial foodservice equipment. Corporate headquartered in Bloomington, MN, we provide service coverage in all or parts of 27 states through our 29 branch locations.
General Parts offers a competitive benefit package that includes 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, and more.
General Parts participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information please visit our website: https://generalparts.com/careers
Software Powered by iCIMS